A Go Player

One man's fascination with the world's best game

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I'm hopping mad!

I have been planning to go to the Tempe Go Club for the first time in many weeks, as my daughter is out of town. However, I forgot completely that the presidential debates are in Tempe - tonight - the same night as the Go Club meeting.

Sigh.

It figures. Ah well, I guess I'll have to play online, or do work or something like that. What a shame. Despite the fun of playing online, there is nothing like playing an opponent face-to-face with real stones in your hand.

As far as progress goes, I sure don't feel like a 19kyu. But I played a 26kyu and lost by 0.5 points (i.e. with a 7-stone handicap) and I played a 17kyu with a 2-stone handicap and won (immediately followed by losing to a 15kyu) so I guess I am right around the level KGS says. I just don't understand what I'm doing...

The big reason I'm upset about not being able to go to the club is that I had some serious tactical questions, and now I'll have to hold off on them. Maybe I'll have a chance to go Saturday. My fingers are crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home