A Go Player

One man's fascination with the world's best game

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Dragon Go Server Redux

The more I play on Dragon Go Server, the more I enjoy it. The pacing is perfect for me; I can't always play a whole game, but I can sure squeak in a few moves here and there. My rating is slowly climbing again. I took quite a beating recently as I tried to assimilate the Wilcox material I have been studying.

I am now not joining any new games until I finish my current crop and my rating has stabilized somewhat. I recently played a game against someone who is about my level, but due to my inflated rating, they had a 4-stone handicap against me. That was a hard game!

I taught my friend Michael to play this past weekend. Somehow it seems like a game he might appreciate as much as, if not more than, chess, which he currently is completely enthralled with. If you check out his site, you'll see why I think so. Heh.

In any case, I think I need about 30-40 more games before I will be ready to go on to the intermediate material in Contact and Sector Fights. I understand it intellectually, but not completely, and it surely isn't integrated with my game yet. So, here's to more games of Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home