A Go Player

One man's fascination with the world's best game

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Trying to learn from Wilcox

I went ahead and ordered Bruce Wilcox's go material. I've heard a lot of both good and bad about his material. Most of the bad has to do with his cockiness, refusal to use traditional terminology, and the (what has been termed sophomoric) presentation. However, people whose playing strength I respect have assured me that the content is very valuable, and definitely worth the low price. I started working through sector fights already, and I think I am learning useful material already even though I am just scratching the surface.

I'll let you know how I feel about this material down the line.

And in playing... haven't felt confident enough to play anyone on KGS in days. But I am playing several simultaneous games at Dragon Go Server. It's not as much pressure - which is what is stressing me out the most right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home