A Go Player

One man's fascination with the world's best game

Sunday, December 12, 2004

KGS Rating

KGS just revamped its rating system. And it sure wasn't good for me. I've been on a losing streak there lately (as opposed to DGS) and went from a 19k to a 21k - almost 22k. I was discussing this with one of my online Go-playing friends, and he suggested that I have the same problem as him: KGS games move too damn fast. He and I require more time to think about moves, and in a 15-minute 5/0:30 byoyomi game, you just don't have that luxury.

The question that puts into my mind is- are KGS players then stronger than DGS players? Are they able to read more deeply more quickly? Or do they play by intuition more than reading, depending on trained patterns and instinct?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home